Tuesday, June 18, 2013

OWH Sketch #177




177
Sketch # 177 from OWH
Operation Write Home has a new sketch challenge each Sunday. I really like this one and wanted to see what I could do with it. The challenge for me isn't following the sketch, it is deciding what to put in that little white square. I wanted to make a love card so I started with a big heart. This is a stamp I've had quite a while. It is from Hero Arts. I love the stitched look. I stamped it 3 times shifting and rotating it a little to give it a bolder look. I wanted to stamp my greeting in the center but didn't have a sentiment that fit. The "I love you" sentiment from my Hero Arts stamp set Year Round Sentiments is on one line. I knew if I cut it apart it would fit but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Especially since the "I" would be so small.  So I inked each word separately and I used my Fiskars stamp press to help me line it up while I inked and stamped each word one at a time.

If you want to check out Sketch #177 and take the challenge, or just see what the other cardmakers created click here! They also have a sponsor this week, so if you do join in on the fun, you just migh win something. Check it out!

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Love the sentiment stamped within those hearts...super fun! tfs!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...