Saturday, July 5, 2014

Challenges in July

Hope everyone has had a wonderful July 4th Holiday. I was blessed to be able to spend time with my family and see my Grandson watch his first fireworks.

Compendium of Curiosities 3- Challenge 5 ends tonight and I'm working right up to the wire. The challenge is hosted by Linda Ledbetter. The sponsor for challenge 5 is Inspiration Emporium.

I've stamped Lady Liberty from Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Americana Silhouettes CMS122 using the Watercolor technique shown on page 39 of Tim Holtz's "Compendium of Curiosities 3".

The background is created using a sheet of blue from the Distress Collection of Core'dinations over a tag then dry embossing with Tim's layering stencil. After embossing I did a little sanding and inking.

I used alcohol ink on some of Tim's tinsel (it reminds me of fireworks) and also alchohol inked the Alpha Parts. I added some of his Remnant rubs on an enamel tag. Then added a few idea-ology elements to my tag. I like the way it turned out. The Watercolor and alcohol inks on the word Liberty are more vibrant in real life. I really need to work on a better way to photograph my tags.

If you want to play along be sure to get a copy of Tim's "Compendium of Curiosities 3" and check Linda's blog tomorrow challenge 6. She and the Curiosity Crew always create some amazing pieces to inspire us, and you have 2 weeks to complete the challenge.

PS:  I got up this morning and went outside to try for a better picture. It's a bit overcast this morning, so still not the best shot but Lady Liberty's colors are a little better and the Sparklers really shine. Loving the sunset look of the hint of Victorian Velvet Distress Color.

While I was at it this morning, I decided to checked out Linda's CC3 Challenge 6. All of you who love mixed media will be excited. The new challenge is Tim's Altered Burlap Panel Technique. The Curiosity Crew really went all out. So clicked the link here and check them out. I'm going back to take a closer look.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I absolutely LOVE your tag ! The whole composition is so well done and the details are amazing! i love the use if Tim' tinsel to look like fireworks. The watercoloring is so well done too! thanks for playing along with us!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE your tag! The water you watercolored the lady is wonderful, perfect shadow! Thank you so much for joining us in this watercolory challenge here at CC3Challenge!!!

Nikki Acton said...

What a great tag - the colouring is fabulous. Thanks for the lovely comments you wrote on my blog. Nikki xx

Candy C said...

Ruby...beautiful tag! Such a beautiful example of a patriotic theme that is beautifully watercolored and shaded. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely tag with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...