Friday, February 13, 2015

Coffee Time!

I love coffee in the morning. Imagine a perfect day starting with a fresh brewed cup of coffee, on a quiet and peaceful balcony somewhere overlooking a gorgeous view and watching at a beautiful sunrise. At least that's what I was thinking of when reading about Mou Saha's Faber-Castell project challenge.


Mou Saha is a wonderful mixed media artist and she has an excellent blog, http://collagecollagecollage.blogspot.com/. She also has a monthly challenge at Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft. The theme for this month is to create a project about your favorite beverage. I had a box that is the perfect size for my gelatos that I wanted to decorate so I decided to give it a try. You can find Mou's February challenge here.

I used gesso to prep the lid to the box. I used a little flourish stamp that came with a set of blue Faber-Castell Gelatos to heat emboss a repeating pattern across the surface and then gessoed over it again. This gave me a texture to allow the gelatos to pool. I used Coconut, various blues and purple to create an ombre. Once it was completely dry, lightly applying coconut over the raised areas helped to define the flourishes. Using Gold Champagne, Squid and Coconut, I sketched three large coffee beans on dark brown distress core'dinations paper then cut them out and glued them down.  Love the coverage, shimmer and shine. I used another ombre of Bannana, Bubble Gum, Metallic Mellon, Tangerine, Blood and Red Cherry for the letters. Then finished my project with a Gold Champagne banner behind the Coffee @ Sunrise banner.

This challenge ends today but Mou has a new one the first Monday of each month. If you have any Faber-Castell products, these are both great blogs to find fun, creative and inspiring ways to use them

1 comment:

Linsey R said...

Great canvas!!! I love the coffee theme!!! Congrats on winning Mou's Feb challenge too!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...